6.06.2013

How NOT to train for a 5k

Don’t train at all.

….

I’m amazing at this and could seriously write a whole post full of tips, but let’s be real here folks, training for a 5k is necessary and if you’re planning on running one you really should train. That being said, I have a 5k on Saturday and I have ran all of 5k straight in my life, and that was this week. Well that’s somewhat of a lie - I did the warrior dash last year which was also 5k but that’s something else entirely. Keep posted for July when the Warrior Dash swings around again and I most likely explain my lack of training for this as well. I have never been a runner but for some reason, beyond any explanation I can understand, I signed up for TWO 5ks in the span of one week. Makes sense right?

My first 5k training run went surprisingly well considering my lack of running experience. As a newbie, I didn’t stretch but I’ve learned my lesson on that. Great route and some great beats later, below are my stats according to Nike +.

image

Not bad for my first real run but I need to learn not to give up near the end. I blame it on the hill leading up to my condo, it was just so intimidating!

My 2nd attempt is tomorrow then the big run on Saturday. Wish me luck!

No comments: