5.20.2013

From North to South, but only a little

This past weekend we took a little trip down south. A trip that literally took maybe 15 minutes to complete but still put us in a totally different country with a totally different way of life. Okay, maybe that’s a little drastic but wow are there some differences when you cross that border. Here’s a little recap of my tourist-y visit to Niagara Falls, New York.

1. Outlet Shopping

I love me some good deals so the first stop on our trip had to be the outlet mall. I was in search of some very specific items so I had my hopes high but I failed on those completely. Typical of me but oh well. I still found some goodies and my favourite purchase is 100% these beautiful Nike Frees 7.0. These will be my new gym shoes and my old Frees will be used for outdoor running. Yay for getting fit!

20130518_121638

2. Olive Garden

When deciding where to go for lunch it was essential we hit up an American restaurant. Sure I could have had my favourite Wendy’s or some Buffalo Wild Wings but these are things I can get in Canada anytime. To make the trip a true experience, Olive Garden was the perfect fit. In the end the breadsticks were too salty, the lettuce not completely fresh, and the three jumbo sausages in my meal were a bit too much so maybe I would have been better off with my usual go-tos. Yay for trying new (well not completely new since this is my 2nd time) things?

20130518_134136

3. Walmart

A trip to the States would not be complete without a trip to Walmart. The deals are fantastic and the people even more mind-blowing. You know those Youtube videos that show crazy people in Walmart? Yeah I could probably have added a few more today. Now more about those deals… I was completely hooked on the alcohol section! Frozen drink mixes for $1.97!? Yes please! I also picked up the Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita in a tall boy can to give it a try. Interesting note – a tall boy can is humongous over there so it’s quite possible I may get drunk off of just one. Lots of groceries also made this trip worthwhile and I can’t wait to try out some of the “unique” items we picked up.

20130518_153847

(This is actually at Wagmans but Walmart had the same sort of selection)

Overall as “different” as the States can be, I really enjoyed my time across the border. With country music & great alcohol I could almost see myself fitting in… but I love Canada too much!

Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend as much as I did! =)

No comments: