4.10.2013

The Fault in Our Stars: Book Review

As a huge fan of Peanut Butter Finger’s blog I was really excited to finally jump in on one of the book reviews. Damn baseball for making me miss the cue but better late than never. Anyways, besides grade school I have never written a book review, and usually I keep my book reading to me, myself, and I. When I found out March’s book was “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green, I was a little hesitant, as it didn’t look like the typical chick lit  I’m used to. For those who don’t know me, I’m absolutely in love with Nicholas Sparks’ books & recently jumped on board the Nora Roberts train. Yep, you don’t get more chick lit than that but a change would be nice.

fault-in-our-stars

The Fault in Our Stars was a complete surprise to my reading taste buds and I’m so glad I gave it a chance. It pulled my heart strings in so many ways and had my emotions pouring out over every single page. I cried, I laughed, and followed along with the joys and sorrows of each character in the book. Cancer has touched my life much too closely, like so many in this world. This book shows you the different perspectives of those living through it and makes lightly of such a serious topic.

I don’t want to spoil anything  so I’ll keep this short but I highly suggest this book! It’s an easy read even with all of the seriousness of its topic. You can’t help but fall in love with each and every character and you feel every heartbreak and happy moment even more because of it.  Jump on in, it’s worth the read.

Okay.

Some of my fav quotes from the book:

“I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly, and then all at once.”

“What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”

“I’m on a rollercoaster that only goes up”

No comments: