The crockpot strikes again! As I mentioned last week we tried the crockpot a record two times in one week. This was our second attempt and man was I excited for this one. Fajitas are a weekly occurrence in our house but usually we do them on the stovetop. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this method but when I saw crockpot versions on Pinterest, I had to try it. And try it we did…
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 3 small peppers (any colour is fine), sliced
- 3/4 jar of salsa (medium sized jar)
- 1 package of fajita seasoning
- Any other fajita toppings you like
- Put chicken, peppers and salsa in the crockpot
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Add fajita seasoning within the last 30 minutes of cooking
- Wrap these babies up
The original recipe we saw suggested more chicken and more salsa but with only two of us this was perfect. There was only a tiny bit leftover so if you’re cooking for more than 2 people I definitely suggest upping the ingredients.
This will be a huge addition to our weekly menu and I can’t wait to use it again. Only tip I have is to make sure you use a good salsa to chicken ratio. We used a whole can of salsa with just the two pieces of chicken and our mixture was a little too runny. If you like your fajitas really dripping with sauce, go for it, but if you follow the ingredients above it should resolve this issue.
Time for you to have your own fiesta! Try it out.