2.12.2013

Go-To Rolo Cookies

Every chef has their go-to recipe they make when they want to boost their ego or when they are in a rush for something quick. Every good chef has more than one of these recipes. As I’m only a chef in the making I currently have just a couple, but I do hope to build my selection with practice.
My number one go-to recipe is Rolo cookies. I started with the basic recipe you can find here at Six Sister’s Stuff. This is an amazing site with lots of great ideas! Check it out everyone, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Rolo Cookies

How delicious do those look? This picture is courtesy of Six Sister’s Stuff but I must say it’s not far from what I was able to come up with. Now that’s saying a lot!
I decided to take it up a notch and get a little adventurous by trying different treats instead of just Rolos. So far I’ve tried it with Hershey kisses (peppermint and regular), aero mini pieces, and a Reese’s peanut butter cup. You could seriously do this with any goodie and I plan to keep on trying them out. They’ve been a hit every time I’ve made them, including the time when I burnt them a little. The chocolately deliciousness covered up the hint of burnt taste.
If I could suggest a recipe, I would suggest this one. And for those of you who know me well, don’t be surprised if I show up with these babies at a get together.
Try them out and get creative! and don’t forget to share the unique treats you try.

No comments: