2.27.2013

The Cookie Monster likes… Cake Mix Sugar Cookies

As the Cookie Monster says, Nom Nom Nom… yeah this kind of sounds like me too. In our household we love sweets. Cakes, cookies, brownies, chocolate, you name it and we love it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, dessert is without a doubt the best meal of the day.

We’ve tried a few different cookie recipes and most have been an absolute success. Soon enough our recipe book will be overflowing with great sweets for any occasion but from now on I plan on sharing these with you as much as possible. This week our recipe of choice was Cake Mix Sugar Cookies, featured on one of my favourite blogs, Six Sisters’ Stuff.

20130223_163344

Ingredients

  • 1 box of cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup of oil

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix all ingredients until the mixture is somewhat smooth **

3. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet (covered in parchment paper)

4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned

** This is where I think I made my mistake. I mixed the ingredients until they were completely smooth and probably a little melted (apparently mixing on a hot stovetop isn’t a good idea). This made it pretty much impossible to roll into balls so my cookies were not at all smooth like a normal sugar cookie. I guess I never was normal anyways. Turns out I kind of liked the unique shape my cookies turned out to be but if you want to follow the rules make sure you’re careful here.

I loved these cookies! Iced or not, they tasted delicious to a tee. I tried the Icing suggested here on the original post but it turned out too runny and turned into a swampy mess (see below). I must have done something wrong. I’d probably go for the packaged icing next time but that’s the lack of adventure in my cooking skills.

20130223_163551

Any cookie recipes you can’t live without? I’d love to hear them!

1 comment:

Brewed Together said...

Okay these look delicious! What a creative and yummy looking recipe. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com